Monday, August 30, 2010

Free weekend

Yesterday was technically my free day, but I do feel like it was the end of a free weekend. Ugh.

I started off with my normal oatmeal and egg, but just for a bit of variety I added a little bit of this Kashi cereal to the oatmeal. It was good!
Snacks are always tricky when I have to eat them inconspicuously at church; yesterday I brought these tasty crackers and a light string cheese. Unfortunately, after one bite it became very obvious that the cheese was past it's sell-by date, so one bite is all I had. Yuck.
Lunch was a roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy (I didn't have those), breadsticks (I had too many of those), salad and squash. Too many carbs!! I don't like this Sunday lunch and we have it often. I need to find an alternative.
I made chocolate chip pumpkin bread for choir practice (which I have at my house every Sunday afternoon) and I snacked a bit too much on that (just to make sure it tasted okay...) Then I had a protein shake and Vitatop for dinner. Unfortunately I had those chocolate chips on the brain and kept snacking on those as well. See, what a horrible weekend it has been (food wise!) ?!

I did some Pilates in the evening and then came to my senses and threw the rest of the chocolate chips in the trash. Sianara, temptation! Here's to a perfect day today!!

No comments: