Wednesday, August 4, 2010

When you are looking for an excuse...

We started the day with parfaits for the kids. This time I added fresh cherries and peaches, along with pineapple, vanilla yogurt, granola and cottage cheese.

I had--can you guess??? A yogurt bowl.

Morning snack was on the road--these are perfect for just this situation.

My lunch was inspired by another blog I read, Run, Eat, Repeat. She often has "Smoothies in a Bowl" or SIAB, so I thought I would give it a try. I made a regular fruit smoothie, but served it up in a bowl with a small handful of Oatmeal Squares Cereal. That made it seem a bit more like a real meal. Sometimes I am just in the mood to actually chew something, so this was a great compromise.

Afternoon snack was a peanut butter protein shake. And I had a few of these while the kids had their after-school snack.

Dinner: Caribbean Chicken Salad with cherries and watermelon on the side. Yummy!! I'll post the recipe tomorrow.

Work out was pretty pathetic today. Between running around getting the kids to and from school, after school activities, doctor's appointments, going to the pharmacy and the fact that my mom got into town today...I know, when you are looking for an excuse, any excuse will do. I had planned on getting up bright and early to get my cardio in, but Lincoln kept us up ALL NIGHT LONG with his coughing, so that did not happen.

So--I did get in a lower body strength training session and a measly 10 minutes on the elliptical. I could/should do more now, but I'm exhausted, so I'm going to hit the sack instead.

No comments: