Thursday, August 5, 2010

Do I eat too much?



Waffles for the kids! I just used the Bisquick Heart Healthy Mix and added chia seeds, flaxseed and green puree. We like to top our waffles with applesauce and cinnamon sugar, too. So the kids got fruit and veggies for breakfast!
(Chloe is all about being my little model lately!)

I had another Smoothie in a bowl.

Snack was a Weight Loss Shake again.

Lunch was leftover salad from last night, but I grilled some onions and added avocado and (fat free of course) sour cream. I love this salad because it is so tasty it doesn't need any dressing fattening it up!
Afternoon snack was just a heel of ww bread with peanut butter.

Dinner for the family was Turkey Bacon Quiche. I was running errands with my mom, so we had some rotisserie chicken and whole grain bread when we got home. Funny thing is, neither dinner option really appealed to me. I really just wanted a yogurt bowl. When I get obsessed, I really get obsessed. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow morning. If nothing else it makes the blog more interesting for you all of you when I don't eat the exact same thing for every meal every day.



I did munch on a few oatmeal squares as well. They are yummy!

I got up early this morning and was able to get in 25 minutes on the elliptical before someone needed me. Then Lincoln and I took my mom on our fun bike ride after we dropped the kids off at school, and I got in a nice upper body strength training session during nap time. Tonight I was feeling like maybe I overdid it with the carbs (bread and oatmeal squares) so I hopped on the elliptical again for 20 minutes.

Gosh, reading back over this, it seems like I really eat a lot.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I don't think you eat too much at all! (But you should see what I eat...I'm breastfeeding, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.)

I've recently gone away from using lo-cal "healthier" items (like with you and real butter vs. margarine). I just did a little comparison of the Smart Balance PB in your picture with the PB I eat, which is one of the "natural" ones that only has roasted peanuts and salt as the ingredients. Foods aren't obligated to have quite such thorough nutritional labeling here (annoying), but I came up with some interesting things. By my calculation, my PB has the same amount of fat per 2 T serving (no clue if it's sat, unsat, etc but it is all from the peanuts themselves), 10 more calories, just over 2 g more protein, and 4 g fewer carbs (probably because there's no added sweeteners). So if you like the taste (I've really come to like it - hard to eat the sweetened stuff now), that could be a better option.

I think I remember you are a diet coke fanatic (me too...) I just saw this really interesting video on how diet soda can cause weight gain yesterday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpoAtwVyzZI

Not sure I buy into all of it, and I can't cope with getting rid of my diet cokes, but I will say I have started adding lemon slices to my water!

But really, you don't eat a lot at all!! I'm amazed you have the energy to get through the day...