Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Flexibility


I'm not very flexible--physically or mentally. But living my busy life with four kids requires it of me. This morning I woke up early intending to go down and run on the treadmill. But my youngest woke up screaming and sobbing from a nightmare just as I got my shoes on. So I had to adjust my plans. He laid in bed while I did Pilates instead. I spent all morning volunteering at the school so I had to adjust my eating times--I ate breakfast really early and a snack when I would normally be having breakfast, then lunch when I got home. I came home with a splitting headache so I only ran on the treadmill for 10 minutes before the pounding got to me. I had to adjust and just walk on a steep incline for the next 40 minutes. Some days you just have to adjust and be flexible.

Breakfast #1 (6:30 am) was some brown rice pudding (that's also what the kids had) and a light string cheese.

Breakfast #2 (8:30 am) was a yogurt bowl

Lunch (12:45 pm) was a leftover Italian style Turkey Burger and a ginormous peach (Ryan brought these home from work yesterday!! His co-worker grew up on a peach orchard in Palisades and we are reaping the benefits!! Oh. My. Goodness. I expect you will be seeing a lot of those on here in the next few days.)

Snack (3:00 pm) was a berry smoothie with a Vitatop

I had planned on being perfect and just eating dinner with the rest of the family, but then I got a flat tire on the Expedition and the stress caused me to snack on cereal and almonds while I made dinner. So I adjusted and had cereal and almonds for dinner (4:00-6:00 pm).


Right now I'm exhausted, but maybe I can somehow adjust that and clean the whole house and do some Yoga before hitting the sack...

No comments: