Monday, August 16, 2010

Switching it up!

I tried to get up early to get in a nice work out, but the kids woke up before my alarm. Ugh. So I got them breakfast and attempted to do the elliptical while they ate. Ha. This is how it goes.

Me: (thinking) Five minutes! Not too shabby...
Audrey: I need more milk!
***
Me: (thinking) Okay, back on it...two more minutes down...
Chloe: I need another bagel!
***
Me: (thinking) Here we go...three minutes...
Isaac: Can I have more?
***
Me: (thinking) I've gotten everyone everything they could possibly need...
Lincoln: I need to get washed off!

Anyway, I did get 20 minutes in, but they weren't that great. Oh well, the life of a mom.

Breakfast for the kids was whole wheat bagels (NO HFCS and little sugar) with fat free cream cheese. Some topped theirs with cinnamon, some with jam. They also had peaches and milk.

I had plain oatmeal with blueberries and an egg.

Lincoln and I went on our bi-weekly bike ride. We haven't gone in over a week because we had a flat tire and I was feeling it! I pushed myself to try to go all the way back UP the huge hill, and I did get further this time, but still not quite all the way to the top. Whew.

Surprisingly I wasn't really hungry for my morning snack so I just had a small yogurt bowl. I tried a new brand of Greek yogurt that I bought in bulk at Costco.

Unfortunately I bought it before I decided to restrict my sugar! This has even more than my old brand. The more I look around, the more I realize this no sugar thing is going to be tricky. I think I'm going to have to go to plain Greek yogurt in order to avoid the sugar.

Lunch was a big salad with added black beans and cottage cheese for protein. I also had a sandwich thin on the side.



I'm trying to switch up my work out routine to kick this extra weight. I was doing 4 days of strength training a week (alternating upper and lower) with pilates on the other days. I'm going to switch to strength training my whole body three days a week for a while and see how it goes. (I still do cardio 6 days a week.) So today I did a full body work out after lunch.

I wasn't hungry again for my afternoon snack, so I just had a small blueberry protein shake.

Dinner was Chicken Pita Pizzas, salad and cantaloupe. And see that mug? Full of lemon water--I've been doing so good!

Becky asked about the bread I use. This is what I got this week. My new plan is to go for what is on sale that meets the requirements--no HFCS, low sugar, whole wheat, etc. Although I have to report that Heidi e-mailed me an article today that says that Sara Lee is going to start making their soft and smooth whole wheat bread without HFCS! It will still have sugar, but it is nice to see that they are listening to consumers!!

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

I can't believe how great you're doing with the anti-DC! I have a headache just thinking about you :)
Just FYI, Sam's plain greek yogurt has about 6 g of sugar per carton. I don't know how that compares to the flavored kinds, but thought I would let you know.

Becky R. said...

Thanks, Lindsay! :)