Monday, August 30, 2010

NOT hungry?!


This morning I ran on the treadmill (my parents left so I have that option again.) I made pumpkin muffins yesterday, so I served the kids those for breakfast along with leftover rice pudding and scrambled eggs. The pumpkin muffins weren't that great--I ran out of sugar, which should be a good thing, since we are trying to avoid it, but really pumpkin muffins need some sort of sweetener. I used some Agave nectar, but apparently not enough! I'm still trying to figure that stuff out. Oh well...

Lincoln and I didn't get to go on our bike ride today--the schedule this week is a little weird because Audrey is getting outpatient surgery tomorrow. Anyway, I was glad I got that running in first thing.

For lunch I had leftover salad, leftover chicken and leftover flatbread.
I did a total body strength session after lunch and drank a lot of water.

Then, for some odd reason, I was simply NOT hungry again until late--like 7:00!! I think it might have been all the water I drank. I ate two pieces of cantaloupe around 5:30 to tide me over while I went grocery shopping. Then I came home and had a nice, big SIAB. I made a peach, pineapple, strawberry, mango, banana, vanilla, spinach protein smoothie and topped it with some various cereals, chopped almonds and chia seeds. It was good and I still feel very full!

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Your meals always look so good, I wish I could have you come be my personal chef! I also wish we had someplace like Sprouts around here, there's no where to shop for decent, inexpensive produce or health foods. I've never heard of or seen most of the brands you show on your blog.