Monday, August 23, 2010

What did I tell you?

I'm back. I knew I would be busy--I'm still going 100 miles per hour today, too. Maybe if I work on this in shifts...

Yesterday things were somewhat less busy (kind of) and I did manage to get a picture of lunch--grilled fish tacos! Yummy! We used tilapia and made them in foil packets with lime juice. Unfortunately, when I went to get the toppings together, I realized we were out of sour cream and our avocado was a little overripe. The tacos were still good. I served them with grilled pineapple (pineapples were on sale last week--88 cents each, in case you are wondering.)

It's been a week or two now since I got on my restricted sugar/anti-belly bloat foods/no Diet Coke kick and I have to say I have noticed a definite difference. It is possible that it is all in my head, but I definitely feel like I look slimmer in the mid-section. I try to ask Ryan if he can tell a difference, but all he says is that I look good. Seeing that he said the same thing when I was pregnant with twins and weighed over 200 pounds, it is hard to judge if he is telling the truth. Either way, I feel really good, and that is all that matters, right?!

Okay--eight hour break between what I last wrote and this. I am on my way to work, but I wanted to try to get this in.

Breakfast: same old, same old

Snack: Greek yogurt (on the run)

Lunch: Qdoba Naked Chicken taco salad--eaten in about 3 minutes flat (NO time today!!)

Snack: Berry shake inhaled on my way back out the door

Dinner: Spaghetti and Meatballs with added yellow squash in the sauce. Thanks to someone at church whose garden is a heck of a lot more prolific than ours.

I also did a bike ride and total body strength. And now I have to run...AGAIN.

2 comments:

Mean Mommy said...

Just wanted to tell you thanks for keeping up with this blog. I'm sure it adds just one more thing to an already busy life.

I was just feeling proud of myself with my ground turkey for hamburger swap, sneaky veggies in the casserole, and egg whites (I found the carton you mentioned - thanks!). We still have a way to go, but - baby steps. My main obstacle is just not liking a lot of veggies. Sadly. Life would be much nicer if I liked salad.

Becca said...

Amen Mean mommy. Thanks for the keeping it up. I like the squash picture of your girls, like it came from your garden. Nice! Lindsay you are inspiring. Question, what does squash do for your body?