Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Chicken Pita Pizzas

Whole Wheat Pitas
Tomato Sauce*
Italian Seasoning
Cooked Chicken breast, sliced
Red bell pepper, sliced
Yellow bell pepper, sliced
Zucchini
Cottage Cheese
Low-fat Mozzarella shred
Onion, chopped

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the pitas on baking sheet. Spoon tomato sauce evenly on top, then add a layer of cottage cheese. Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning. Top with sliced peppers, chicken, zucchini, onions and mozzarella cheese. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.

*I noticed recently that my pasta sauce contains HFCS, so I have switched to just using plain tomato sauce and spices. Much healthier! You could also add a puree here, if desired.

1 comment:

Bobbi & Noe said...

Wow I have so much more to read! I need all the tips I can get in this department!